Birders have participated in Annual Audubon Spring Bird Walks since 1932. Watch spring migrants return or travel through to their summer breeding grounds during the Annual Audubon Spring Bird Walk.
Date and Time: Sundays, April 16 – May 21, 2017 at 7:30 a.m.
Leaders: Walks are led by experienced Birders.
Locations: Many locations throughout Cuyahoga County and surrounding counties. Check our Calendar for updates and see the list below:
- Cleveland Metroparks
- Bedford Reservation - Hemlock Creek Picnic Area parking lot, off Button Rd., Bedford. 330-715-6300
- Big Creek Reservation - Lake Isaac, Big Creek Parkway, Middleburg Heights. 440-891-1710
- Brecksville Reservation - Parking area at Station Rd. Bridge Trailhead, off Riverview Rd. south of route 82, Brecksville. 330-467-3664
- Hinckley Reservation (Medina County) - Bridge at the south end of Hinckley Lake, on State Rd., Hinckley. 330-625-5503
- Huntington Reservation –Beach parking lot, 28649 Lake Rd., Bay Village. 440-808-1970
- North Chagrin Reservation - Sunset Pond, off Buttermilk Falls Parkway, Mayfield Village. 440-473-3370
- Ohio & Erie Canal Reservation - Visitor Center parking lot, Whittlesey Way off E. 49th St. south of Grant Ave, Cuyahoga Hts. 216-206-1000
- Rocky River Reservation - Rocky River Nature Center parking lot, 24000 Valley Parkway (¼ mile north of Cedar Point Road), North Olmsted. 216-924-0188
- South Chagrin Reservation - Jackson Rd. parking lot, off Chagrin River Rd. (between Miles Rd. and Chagrin Blvd.), Moreland Hills. 440-473-3370
Additional Cuyahoga County locations
- Gates Mills - Various locations. Call 440-338-4923 for details
- Shaker Lakes - The Nature Center at Shaker Lakes parking lot, 2600 South Park Blvd., Shaker Heights. 216-321-5935
- Geauga Park District
- Various locations, Geauga County. Call 440-286-9516 for details
- Lake Metroparks
- Lake Erie Bluffs, 3301 Lane Rd., Perry Township. 440-256-1404, ext. 2112
- Additional Lake County locations
- Holden Arboretum - main parking lot off Sperry Rd., Kirtland. 440-946-4400
- Mentor Marsh - parking area on Headlands Rd., Mentor. 440-257-0777
- Aurora Sanctuary - Audubon Society of Greater Cleveland Sanctuary, parking lot east of Page Rd. on E. Pioneer Trail, east of routes 306 and 43, Aurora. 216-337-2202
- James H. Barrow Field Station (part of Hiram College), 11305 Wheeler Road, Hiram. 330-527-2141
- Novak Sanctuary - Audubon Society of Greater Cleveland Sanctuary, parking lot north of Rt. 82 on Aurora Town Line Rd., Aurora. 440-543-6399
- For more information, go to Spring Bird Walk Locations
- Get the Western Cuyahoga Audubon Spring Bird Walk Locations 2017 Map here (shown above) to share on social media or embed on your website.
For all birders, this is a wonderful opportunity to sample the waves of birds moving through some of the top birding spots around Cleveland. New birders, be sure to be out on each of these six Sundays. It is a great way to start birding.
Audubon Spring Bird Walks are cosponsored by Cleveland Metroparks, The Audubon Society of Greater Cleveland, The Cleveland Museum of Natural History, Geauga Park District, Lake Metroparks, Huntington Reservation at Lake Erie Nature and Science Center, the Nature Center at Shaker Lakes and Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society.