BOOK | How to Be an Urban Birder by David Lindo (Author), Jamie Oliver (Foreword)
BOOK: How to Be an Urban Birder by David Lindo (Author), Jamie Oliver (Foreword)
- Paperback 2018 ISBN
- 232 pp. 5 7/8 x 8 1/4 270 color photos. 20 color + 47 b/w illus.
- E-book ISBN
- Princeton University Press
The first guide to urban birding in the UK, from The Urban Birder himself, David Lindo.
Urban birding is fast becoming ornithology’s new rock ’n’ roll. Birds and birding have never been cooler—and urban birding is at the cutting edge.
How to Be an Urban Birder is the world’s first guide to the art of urban birding—which is so easy and great fun! Here, urban birding pioneer David Lindo tells you everything you need to know about birds and birding in towns and cities in the UK.
- Includes a brief history of urban birding in the UK
- Covers the best places to look for birds in towns and cities
- Helps you get to know your urban birds
- Gives useful tips on how to attract birds to your garden
- Explains what gear you need and how to go about being an urban birder
- Features hundreds of cool images and illustrations of birds in urban settings
David Lindo, popularly known as The Urban Birder, is a naturalist, writer, broadcaster, speaker, photographer, wildlife tour leader and educator. His mission is to connect the city folk of the world with the wonderful wildlife that is all around them—even in the middle of the Concrete Jungle. His motto is simple: Look up! He is also the author of The Urban Birder and Tales from Concrete Jungles: Urban Birding around the World (both Bloomsbury). He is a Londoner and runs the website The Urban Birder World.
NOTE TO BUYER: WCAS has ordered a limited number of copies of How to Be an Urban Birder by David Lindo available for sale at the WCAS Store. Books are available for clean pick up email email@example.com Sorry, no deliveries.