Watch the spring migrants return or travel through to their summer breeding grounds during the 85th Annual Series of Audubon Spring Bird Walks.
- Day & Time: Sundays, April 15 – May 20, 2018 at 7:30 a.m.
- Walks are led by experienced Birders
- The walks are free to all.
- For more information, go to Spring Bird Walk Locations
- Get our Western Cuyahoga Audubon Spring Bird Walk Locations 2016 Map
Watch the spring migrants return or travel through to their summer breeding grounds during the 85th Annual Series of Spring Bird Walks.
Birders have participated in Annual Audubon Spring Bird Walks since 1932. Watch spring migrants return or travel through to their summer breeding grounds. Walks take place Sundays, April 15 – May 20, 2018 at 7:30am and are led by experienced birders in Cuyahoga County and surrounding locations.
For all birders, this is a wonderful opportunity to sample the waves of birds moving through some of the top birding spots around Cleveland. New birders, be sure to be out on each of these six Sundays. It is a great way to start birding.
Audubon Spring Bird Walks are co-sponsored by Cleveland Metroparks, The Audubon Society of Greater Cleveland, The Cleveland Museum of Natural History, Geauga Park District, Lake Metroparks, Huntington Reservation at Lake Erie Nature and Science Center, the Nature Center at Shaker Lakes and Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society.
Walks are led by expert volunteers from Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society and other local birding groups. The walks are free to all.
Visit our Calendar (wcaudubon.org/calendar) for details.
Watch as migrating spring birds return or travel through to their summer breeding grounds during the 85th Annual Series of Spring Bird Walks.
Western Cuyahoga Audubon will be co-leading the following walks. Location details below.
- Big Creek Reservation – Lake Isaac – Leaders: Nancy Howell and Rich Kassouf
- Huntington Reservation – Leader: Eric Bruder
- Rocky River Reservation – Leaders: Bill Deininger and Dave Graskemper (along with other leaders who are not part of WCAS)
Walks are led by experienced birders and will be held on Sundays, April 15 through May 20, 2018 at 7:30 AM at the following locations:
- Aurora Sanctuary - Audubon Society of Greater Cleveland Sanctuary, parking lot east of Page Rd. on E. Pioneer Trail, east of routes 306 and 43, Aurora, Ohio. Ph: 216-337-2202
- Bedford Reservation - Hemlock Creek Picnic Area parking lot, off Button Rd., Bedford, Ohio. Ph: 330-715-6300
- Big Creek Reservation - Lake Isaac, Big Creek Parkway, Middleburg Heights, Ohio. Ph: 440-891-1710.
- Brecksville Reservation - Station Road Bridge Trailhead, off Riverview Rd. south of route 82, Brecksville, Ohio. Ph: 330-467-3664
- Gates Mills - Various locations. Call 440-338-4923 for details
- Geauga Park District - Various locations. Call 440-286-9516 for details
- Hinckley Reservation - Bridge at the south end of Hinckley Lake, on State Rd., Hinckley, Ohio. Ph: 330-625-5503
- Hiram College - James H. Barrow Field Station, 11305 Wheeler Road, Hiram, Ohio. Ph: 330-527-2141
- Holden Arboretum - main parking lot off Sperry Rd., Kirtland, Ohio. Ph: 440-946-4400
- Lake Metroparks - Lake Erie Bluffs, 3301 Lane Rd., Perry Township, Ohio. Ph: 440-256-1404, ext. 2112
- Mentor Marsh - parking area on Headlands Rd., Mentor, Ohio. Ph: 440-257-0777
- North Chagrin Reservation – North Chagrin Nature Center parking lot, 401 Buttermilk Falls Parkway, Mayfield Village, Ohio. Ph: 440-473-3370
- Novak Sanctuary - Audubon Society of Greater Cleveland Sanctuary, parking lot north of Rt. 82 on Aurora Town Line Rd., Aurora, Ohio. Ph: 330-388-9279
- Ohio & Erie Canal Reservation - CanalWay Center parking lot, 4524 E. 49th St., Cuyahoga Hts, Ohio. Ph: 216-206-1000
- Rocky River Reservation - Rocky River Nature Center, 24000 Valley Parkway (¼ mile north of Cedar Point Road), North Olmsted, Ohio. Ph: 216-924-0188
- Shaker Lakes - Nature Center at Shaker Lakes, 2600 South Park Blvd., Shaker Hts, Ohio. Ph: 216-321-5935
- South Chagrin Reservation - Jackson Field, off Chagrin River Rd. (between Miles Rd. and Chagrin Blvd.), Moreland Hills, Ohio. Ph: 440-473-3370
- Saturdays at River Styx Park - 8200 River Styx Rd., Guilford Twp., Wadsworth, Ohio.
- Medina County Park District, April 14 through May 19 at 7:30 AM. Ph: 330-722-9364
Co-Sponsors of the 85th Annual Series of Spring Bird Walks 2018 are Cleveland Metroparks, Audubon Society of Greater Cleveland, Cleveland Museum of Natural History, Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society, Geauga Park District, Hiram College, Holden Arboretum, Lake Metroparks, Medina County Park District, Nature Center at Shaker Lakes.