The WCAS Conservation Lab met at 1:00 on Saturday, February 1, 2020 at Bethany Church and the group reviewed several ongoing and new projects: Native plant sales, Urban Birding Cleveland Outreach,Urban Birding Cleveland Routes, Chimney Swift Towers, and discussed other new business.
CONSERVATION LAB MINUTES OF 02-01-2020
1. CONVENING. The WCAS Conservation Lab met at 1:00 on Saturday, February 1, 2020 at Bethany Church. Attending were Pat McGuigan, Karen Czerniawski, Zackary Edelman, Jessica Lipp, Julie West, Gloria Ferris, Amanda Sebrosky, Joe Reardon, Bruce Missig, Kurt Miske, Tom Romito, and Betsey O’Hagan. Kurt chaired the lab and Tom facilitated.
2. AGENDA. Tom presented the following agenda:
3. NATIVE PLANT SALES.
4. URBAN BIRDING CLEVELAND OUTREACH.
5. URBAN BIRDING CLEVELAND ROUTES.
6. PARMA BIRDING INITIATIVE. Bruce is preparing six letters to send to public officials in Parma. The letter will seek common ground with the mayor regarding our Urban Birding Cleveland initiative and establish a relationship with STEM schools.
7. CHIMNEY SWIFT TOWERS. Amanda reported on her efforts to erect Chimney Swift towers in Lorain County, Bay Village, and Cleveland Metroparks. She is seeking funding through grants, Facebook, and her own resources.
8. NEW BUSINESS.
9. NEXT MEETING. Our next lab will be 1:00 on Saturday, March 7 at Bethany Church.
10. ADJOURNMENT. Kurt adjourned the lab at 3:30 p.m. See the attached action plan.
Make A Donation to Western Cuyahoga Audubon. Your gifts guarantee chapter activities, programs and research continues to reach members and connect birding conservationists around the world. Use our safe and secure PayPal payment button below to make a donation of any amount you choose. All donations are gratefully received.
Publishing news, announcements and reports.
The Western Cuyahoga Audubon Virtual Conference Center hosts chapter programs. Download the Free Desktop & Mobile Apps-Version 2
Join Urban Birding Cleveland at Mighty Networks and become a Guardian of Nature.
Create Your Account Here.
REGISTER Member Meeting and 'What Is That Bird Doing?: Feeding Behavior' Speaker Series March 2, 2021
Watch 'ABOUT VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS' with Michelle Brosius, Director-at-Large and Field Trip Co-Coordinator, WCAS.
ENTER Bird-of-the-Month Photo Contest March 2021: Turkey Vulture
Christmas Bird Count-Lakewood Circle
Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society
4310 Bush Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44109
Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your donation is tax-deductible. The tax ID number is: 34-1522665. If you prefer to mail your donation, please send your check to: Nancy Howell, Western Cuyahoga Audubon Treasurer, 19340 Fowles Rd, Middleburg Hts, OH 44130. © 2020 Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society. All rights reserved. Website by Betsey O'Hagan.