Just to be clear, iced coffee is not brewed coffee poured over ice. It shouldn’t be! True iced coffee is actually cold brewed. Cold brewing reduces the acidity of the coffee, which in turn enhances it’s sweetness and other complex flavor notes.
Below is a simple recipe, or purchase the Toddy Cold Brew System at the Birds and Beans Store here.
For 6 ounces of iced coffee:
- In a small pitcher or 1-quart measuring cup, whisk together 1/3 cup ground coffee and 1-1/3 cups of cold water until all the lumps are gone.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 5 hours. It’s best to be left overnight.
- Strain the coffee through a coffee filter and strainer set over a tall glass of ice by pushing it through with a spatula.
Delicious, undiluted iced coffee in three (3) easy steps. Go ahead and triple or quadruple the recipe. Once strained, the coffee is good in your refrigerator for at least two (2) days. Perfect for a quick pick-me-up throughout the day or strained directly into your thermos for a cool caffeine fix while out birding.
Receiving your Coffee Order Has Never Been Easier
Order by the 10th and meet at the following locations to receive your order:
Lorain County: Panera Bread, 38295 Chestnut Ridge Rd, Elyria, OH 44035 Map
- Westside: Outside of Aladdin's Eatery Independence, 6901 Rockside Rd, Independence, OH 44131 Map
- Eastside: Great News! Every other month deliveries will begin June 2018 in Cleveland Heights. Order by the 10th of the month, wait for shipment to come in to WCAS, and then email April Firstencel here to arrange for delivery. Thanks April!