Successfully launched in 2015, The American Birding Expo strives to offer "The World of Birding in One Place" and become the U.S. equivalent to The British Birdwatching Fair.
- Inspired by the British Birdfair, a small group of professional U.S. birding enthusiasts, including Bill Thompson III, publisher and editor of Bird Watcher's Digest and the author of numerous books on birds and nature, decided to launch The American Birding Expo in Columbus, OH USA in 2015.
- The 2015 American Birding Expo attracted people from around the globe, including 85 exhibitors from 40 countries and 2,500 attendees.
- Expo developers have since coined the phrase, "The World of Birding in One Place" - and it is a Free event.
- 65% of attendees want to learn about birding initiatives and projects happening around the world.
- Every continent is represented at The American Birding Expo.
- Optic technology companies and birding organizations are represented.
- Artists and Musicians add to creative conference culture.
The American Birding Expo includes Special Events:
- 20 minute "Spotlight Presentations" from birders, researchers and citizen scientists from around the globe.
- Free presentations are presented throughout the conference about birding in places such as Australia, Ecuador or Argentina.
- Spotlight Presentation Schedule Go Here
Bird Clubs Great Ideas Brainstorm Saturday Afternoon September 17, 2016:
- A Bird Club Networking Event planned to share helpful information.
- Topics include but are not limited to: succession planning, website development and volunteer management.
- A Panel Discussion is featured with professional Bird Club leaders.
- Register for the Meet Up and bring your Birding Friends and Members to share and get new ideas. Go Here
Donations Support Three Conservation Efforts:
- International -- Donations Go To Help the Hooded grebe (Podiceps gallardoi). Bird Life International is the Conservation Partner.
- National -- Donations Go to Help the Red knot (Calidris canutus). The American Birding Association is the Conservation Partner.
- Local -- Donations Go to Help Next Generation Urban Naturalists in the State of Ohio. Grange Insurance Audubon Center is the Conservation Partner.