#TinySilentAuction Fundraiser for Conservation Awareness and Education Projects at Speaker Program Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Attendees of the Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society's October 1, 2019 speaker series will be treated to a #TinySilentAuction by Ohio artists of whimsical fine art prints, hand crafted soaps, apparel, jewelry, and the newly published book, "Saving Jemima: Life and Love with a Hard-Luck Jay" by Julie Zickefoose.
#TinySilentAuction Fundraiser for Conservation Awareness and Education Projects at the WCAS Speaker Program on Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society program attendees will be treated to a #TinySilentAuction by Ohio artists during the program, “My Adventures to Help Save Cranes in the Wild” presented by Tom Leiden, International Crane Foundation, on Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. at the Rocky River Nature Center, 24000 Valley Parkway in North Olmsted, Ohio.
Program attendees are invited to bid on a select, whimsical collection of donated items by artists to fund raise for chapter conservation projects. Plan to attend the Tuesday, October 1st speaker program and please WCAS Peeps, bid generously! Check out the items below:
1. FINE ART PRINT: "Hummingbird’s Ascent" by Beth Nilges-Nehamkin. Framed color print, 13" x 19". Minimum bid $75.00
2. FINE ART PRINT: “Path to Huntington Field” by Eileen Dorsey. Matted color print, 14” X 11". Minimum bid $45.00
3. SILK SCARF: “Cardinals” by Barbara Bloom. Hand-painted, 1 piece of silk, 11" x 60". Minimum bid $60.00
4. BOOK: "Saving Jemima: Life and Love with a Hard-Luck Jay" (Hard Cover) by Julie Zickefoose. Published September 10, 2019. Minimum bid $25.00
5. FINE JEWELRY: Sterling Silver Wire crochet bird's nest with small glass pearls and a magnetic pin back by Barbara Bloom. Minimum bid $25.00
6. FINE ART PRINT: "To Bee Or Not To Be" by Laura and Gary Dumm. Digital print of the original artwork, acrylic, 2016. Printed on heavy paper and signed by both artists, matted and framed, 12” x 15”. Minimum bid $45.00
7. DECORATIVE ART: Suncatcher by Sharon Martyn. Stained glass with vintage jewelry and glass baubles. 3" X 3". Minimum bid $25.00
8. HAND CRAFTED SOAP: "A Walk in the Woods" and best seller, "Pink Himalayan Salt Soap” by Steve Bloom. Materials: olive oil, palm oil, coconut oil, sodium hydroxide, water. Minimum bid $15.00 for 2 bars of soap.
9. BOOK: "Look, See the Farm" by Bill Wilson, Katie Fallon, and Leigh Anne Carter, Illustrator. Hardcover. 2 copies available. Minimum bid $15.00 each.
Make A Donation to Western Cuyahoga Audubon. Your gifts guarantee chapter activities, programs and research continues to reach members and connect birding conservationists around the world. Use our safe and secure PayPal payment button below to make a donation of any amount you choose. All donations are gratefully received.
Publishing news, announcements and reports.
Visit the Western Cuyahoga Audubon Virtual Conference Center for a listing of programs. Download the Free Desktop & Mobile Apps-Version 2
ABOUT VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS with Michelle Brosius, Director-at-Large and Field Trip Co-Coordinator, WCAS.
WATCH Introduction to, 'Urban Ag for People, Birds, and Wildlife'
WATCH Overview of 'WCAS Birding Challenges Fall 2020'
The WCAS Fall Warbler Challenge extends through October 31, 2020 and offered along with it is a schedule of interactive programs and digital resources to help you stay sharp on bird identity, informed on Northeast Ohio birding hotspot locations, engaged with LIVE bird banding broadcast, bird photography and much more! The WCAS Fall Warbler Challenge is a fundraising event to support chapter conservation education programs for the public. Check the Fall Warbler Challenge 2020 Schedule
The Dead Tree Birding Challenge is over but we hope you'll join us for the Wrap Up with Nancy Howell on Sat Sept 26, 2020 from 7:00-8:00pm at the WCAS Virtual Conference Center.
Speaker Series Tue Oct 6:
“Bird and Moon: Comics With a Naturalist’s Knowledge”,
Rosemary Mosco, Naturalist and Artist. REGISTER
WATCH WCAS Member Meeting and "Hybridization of Cerulean and Parula Warblers", Sept 1, 2020.
Join Urban Birding Cleveland at Mighty Networks and become a Guardian of Nature.
Create Your Account Here.
Christmas Bird Count-Lakewood Circle
Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society
4310 Bush Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44109
Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your donation is tax-deductible. The tax ID number is: 34-1522665. If you prefer to mail your donation, please send your check to: Nancy Howell, Western Cuyahoga Audubon Treasurer, 19340 Fowles Rd, Middleburg Hts, OH 44130. © 2020 Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society. All rights reserved. Website by Betsey O'Hagan.