The Urban Birding Cleveland Initiative Design Lab met at Bethany Presbyterian Church on November 9, 2019. Seventeen people attended, including guest David Lindo, a.k.a. “The Urban Birder.” We began by working on creating a goal statement for the Urban Birding Cleveland Initiative.
URBAN BIRDING CLEVELAND INITIATIVE MINUTES OF 11-09-2019
1. The Urban Birding Cleveland Initiative Design Lab met at Bethany Presbyterian Church on November 9, 2019. Seventeen people attended, including guest David Lindo, a.k.a. “The Urban Birder.” Tom Romito facilitated the meeting and distributed copies of the minutes of November 7, 2019 Design Lab at the GLBT Community Center..
2. We began by working on creating a goal statement for the Urban Birding Cleveland Initiative. Based on our experiences of the week with David Lindo, we brainstormed the following sample statements:
3. Then, we worked on creating a mission statement to enable us to achieve the goal. Here are the sample mission statements we brainstormed:
4. Next, Tom showed the group a simplified version of the urban birding checklist that we developed at the November 7 Design Lab. Here is that version:
5. Next, we began working on potential strategies to achieve our goal. David suggested two strategies that we could pursue. They are as follows:
6. Finally, we created the following action plan to identify further tasks:
7. We scheduled our next Design and Conservation Lab on Saturday, December 7, 2019 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. at Bethany Church on W. 65th St. in Cleveland.
Lab Notes submitted by Tom Romito.
VIEW: Urban Birding with David Lindo | WCAS Conservation Project Lab Saturday November 9, 2019 Notes (PDF)
Make A Donation to Western Cuyahoga Audubon. Your gifts guarantee chapter activities, programs and research continues to reach members and connect birding conservationists around the world. Use our safe and secure PayPal payment button below to make a donation of any amount you choose. All donations are gratefully received.
Publishing news, announcements and reports.
Join Urban Birding Cleveland at Mighty Networks and become a Guardian of Nature.
Create Your Account Here.
REGISTER Member Meeting and 'Bird Migration: Linking Habitats Between Two Continents' Speaker Series January 5, 2021
The Western Cuyahoga Audubon Virtual Conference Center hosts chapter programs. Download the Free Desktop & Mobile Apps-Version 2
ABOUT VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS with Michelle Brosius, Director-at-Large and Field Trip Co-Coordinator, WCAS.
WATCH Mapping Wonder™ - A Conversation with David Lindo, The Urban Birder
WATCH Introduction to, 'Urban Ag for People, Birds, and Wildlife'
WATCH WCAS Member Meeting and 'Emergent Mechanics of the Cup Nest and Its 'Mechanical Synthesis', Nov 3, 2020.
Christmas Bird Count-Lakewood Circle
Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society
4310 Bush Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44109
Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your donation is tax-deductible. The tax ID number is: 34-1522665. If you prefer to mail your donation, please send your check to: Nancy Howell, Western Cuyahoga Audubon Treasurer, 19340 Fowles Rd, Middleburg Hts, OH 44130. © 2020 Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society. All rights reserved. Website by Betsey O'Hagan.