The Urban Birding Cleveland Initiative Design Lab met at the LGBT Community Center on November 7, 2019 for the first time. Seventeen people attended, including guest David Lindo, a.k.a. “The Urban Birder.” The workgroup brainstormed the following principles for what an urban birding trail could look like.
URBAN BIRDING CLEVELAND INITIATIVE MINUTES OF 11-07-2019
1. The Urban Birding Cleveland Initiative Design Lab met at the LGBT Community Center on November 7, 2019 for the first time. Seventeen people attended, including guest David Lindo, a.k.a. “The Urban Birder.” Tom Romito facilitated the meeting.
2. The workgroup brainstormed the following principles for what an urban birding trail should look like (We decided that the terms trail, route, and space can be used interchangeably):
3. We then worked in four breakout groups to brainstorm items for a checklist that we could use to familiarize people about urban birding. Here is the data we collected, with some combining, culling, and clarifying by the facilitator Tom Romito to make it easy for us to work with:
4. The workgroup created the following action plan to identify further tasks:
5. Our next Urban Birding Cleveland Initiative Design Lab is on Saturday, November 9 from 2:30-4:30 at Bethany Church on W. 65th St. in Cleveland.
Lab Notes submitted by Tom Romito.
Make A Donation to Western Cuyahoga Audubon. Your gifts guarantee chapter activities, programs and research continues to reach members and connect birding conservationists around the world. Use our safe and secure PayPal payment button below to make a donation of any amount you choose. All donations are gratefully received.
Publishing news, announcements and reports.
REGISTER WCAS Member Meeting and 'Inclusive Engagement for Everyone 2020+: Encouraging Inclusive Activism and Environmental Engagement in a Virtual World', Tammi Fierro-Zeis, Audubon Washington and Audubon Miami Valley, Tuesday, July 6, 2021 at 7:30 PM. Read Online
WATCH Member Meeting and 'A Bilingual Education Program Conserves Little Terns (Sternula albifrons) in Okinawa, Japan' Speaker Series June 1, 2021
Join Urban Birding Cleveland at Mighty Networks and become a Guardian of Nature.
Create Your Account Here.
The Western Cuyahoga Audubon Virtual Conference Center hosts chapter programs. Download the Free Desktop & Mobile Apps-Version 2. Use the desktop icon or mobile app (see above) to enter a meeting.
ENTER Bird-of-the-Month Photo Contest June 2021: Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Watch 'ABOUT VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS' with Michelle Brosius, Director-at-Large and Field Trip Co-Coordinator, WCAS.
Christmas Bird Count-Lakewood Circle
Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society
4310 Bush Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44109
Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your donation is tax-deductible. The tax ID number is: 34-1522665. If you prefer to mail your donation, please send your check to: Nancy Howell, Western Cuyahoga Audubon Treasurer, 19340 Fowles Rd, Middleburg Hts, OH 44130. © 2020 Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society. All rights reserved.
Digital Services: Betsey O'Hagan