Join us for an evening of conversations, research reporting, and sharing stories to help us all grow a sustainable future by working together in collaborations and partnerships for birds and habitat conservation. Plan to attend the pre-program Supper and Book Signing with guest celebrity David Lindo, author of "How To Be an Urban Birder" and program speaker, Joseph Lautenbach.
Event: Urban Birding & Ohio Bird Conservation Practices
Date & Time: Tuesday, November 5, 2019. 6:15 p.m. - 7: 15 p.m. Supper and Book Signing. 7:30 p.m. - 9:15 p.m. Speaker Program
Location: Rocky River Nature Center, 24000 Valley Pkwy, North Olmsted, OH 44070 Map Phone: (440) 734-6660.
Description: Plan to arrive early for a box supper (get your supper ticket at the link below), mingle with UK birding celebrity, and book signing with David Lindo, author of "How To Be an Urban Birder". Following supper, our regularly scheduled speaker program begins at 7:30 p.m. (get your free program ticket at the link below). We'll begin with a brief member meeting, a presentation by David Lindo about Urban Birding, followed by speaker, Joseph Lautenbach, Wildlife Biologist, Ohio Division of Wildlife who will speak about bird conservation challenges – from shifting agricultural practices to urban sprawl and the need for organizations to pool resources.
- 6:15 p.m. – 7: 15 p.m. Supper with David Lindo, Rocky River Nature Center. Box Supper Fee: $12. Purchase by Oct. 30 at the link below.
- 7:30 p.m. - Member Meeting
- 7:45 p.m. - 8:15 p.m. "How to Be an Urban Birder" by David Lindo
- 8:15 p.m. - 9:15 p.m. “Bird Conservation in Ohio: Success Through Partnerships” by Joseph Lautenbach, Wildlife Biologist, Ohio Division of Wildlife
- 9:15 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Networking and Book Signing with David Lindo
Get a Box Supper Ticket - Purchase by Oct. 30
Get Your Free Speaker Program Ticket
Read the WCAS Speaker Series Announcement Online
Visit the Facebook Event Page