Conservation Lab participants reported on a multitude of projects: chimney swift tower construction, bird friendly plant sales, urban birding initiative developments, fundraising projects, and new collaboration and partnership developments.
CONSERVATION LAB MINUTES OF 03-07-2020
1. CONVENING. The WCAS Conservation Lab met at 1:00 on Saturday, March 7, 2020 at Bethany Church. Attending were Gloria Ferris, Amanda Sebrosky, Janelle Reardon, Joe Reardon, Bruce Missig, Kurt Miske, Carol Miske, Tom Romito, Kaoru Tsubone, Monica Marshall, Nancy Oatman, and Betsey O’Hagan. Kurt chaired the Lab and Tom facilitated.
2. REPORTS FROM FEBRUARY 1 LAB. Tom presented a list of action items that resulted from the February 1, 2020 Conservation Lab. They were as follows, along with the Lab attendees who reported on them:
3. ACTION PLAN FOR ITEMS FROM DISCUSSED IN PARAGRAPH 2.
4. UPCOMING DATES.
5. NEXT MEETING. Our next Lab will be 1:00 on Saturday, April 4 at Bethany Presbyterian Church, 6145 West Clinton Ave., Cleveland, Ohio 44102. See the Event Announcement for details and free ticket registration.
6. ADJOURNMENT. Kurt adjourned the Lab at 3:30 p.m.
Make A Donation to Western Cuyahoga Audubon. Your gifts guarantee chapter activities, programs and research continues to reach members and connect birding conservationists around the world. Use our safe and secure PayPal payment button below to make a donation of any amount you choose. All donations are gratefully received.
Publishing news, announcements and reports.
Visit the Western Cuyahoga Audubon Virtual Conference Center for a listing of programs. Download the Free Desktop & Mobile Apps-Version 2
ABOUT VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS with Michelle Brosius, Director-at-Large and Field Trip Co-Coordinator, WCAS.
WATCH Introduction to, 'Urban Ag for People, Birds, and Wildlife'
WATCH Overview of 'WCAS Birding Challenges Fall 2020'
The WCAS Fall Warbler Challenge extends through October 31, 2020 and offered along with it is a schedule of interactive programs and digital resources to help you stay sharp on bird identity, informed on Northeast Ohio birding hotspot locations, engaged with LIVE bird banding broadcast, bird photography and much more! The WCAS Fall Warbler Challenge is a fundraising event to support chapter conservation education programs for the public. Check the Fall Warbler Challenge 2020 Schedule
The Dead Tree Birding Challenge is over but we hope you'll join us for the Wrap Up with Nancy Howell on Sat Sept 26, 2020 from 7:00-8:00pm at the WCAS Virtual Conference Center.
Speaker Series Tue Oct 6:
“Bird and Moon: Comics With a Naturalist’s Knowledge”,
Rosemary Mosco, Naturalist and Artist. REGISTER
WATCH WCAS Member Meeting and "Hybridization of Cerulean and Parula Warblers", Sept 1, 2020.
Join Urban Birding Cleveland at Mighty Networks and become a Guardian of Nature.
Create Your Account Here.
Christmas Bird Count-Lakewood Circle
Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society
4310 Bush Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44109
Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your donation is tax-deductible. The tax ID number is: 34-1522665. If you prefer to mail your donation, please send your check to: Nancy Howell, Western Cuyahoga Audubon Treasurer, 19340 Fowles Rd, Middleburg Hts, OH 44130. © 2020 Western Cuyahoga Audubon Society. All rights reserved. Website by Betsey O'Hagan.