WCAS Bird Friendly Plants will be for sale on Saturday June 1, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the Frostville Museum Farmers' Market, 24101 Cedar Point Rd, North Olmsted, Ohio 44070. The Frostville Museum is a living history of 19th century Ohio run by the Olmsted Historical Society.
WCAS held a sixth conservation project laboratory on Saturday, April 6, 2019 at Bethany Presbyterian Church in Cleveland. Seven people attended this event, including Kurt Miske, Betsey O’Hagan, Bruce Missig, Tom Romito, Joe Reardon, Imani Smith, and Kaoru Tsubone. Kurt opened the meeting and Tom facilitated the event.
We reviewed the excellent presentation prepared by Lisa, suggesting several edits.
- Mobile credit card reader – Kurt to have Nancy Howell put the purchase of this on the agenda of the next WCAS Board meeting (done), Betsey to be certain it will work with current structure
- Flyers – Betsey has the design and these are completed.
- Sign – Kurt to visit RR Nature Center to measure thickness of display header and create a similar piece that will be used for the sale and any subsequent sales.
- Volunteers for Plant Pick-up (Friday 5/31) – Kaoru (station wagon) and Kurt (van); Kaoru to ask Pat (van). We may need someone to pick up seeds at Pettiti’s. Joe to bring his Chestnut seedlings.
- Volunteers for the sale itself – yet to be resolved.
- Collect newspapers and boxes – Kaoru to set up pick-up of boxes. Collection of newspaper yet to be resolved.
- Volunteers to take care of unsold plants – Yet to be resolved.