Would you like to do more for birds and habitat conservation? Are you a great communicator? Quick learner? Do you like to work in groups or fly solo? Do you have good organization skills to help grow the Audubon mission? Read the volunteer position descriptions below. Training is available. Join us!
Become a Member of Western Cuyahoga Audubon and a Skilled and Dedicated Volunteer.
Check out a partial list of volunteer opportunities below. Get started by Filling Out the WCAS Volunteer Form to let us know what you're interested in.
- Birding and Biking Tours (This is a new offering. We'll have more information soon at the News Blog but in the meantime let us know if you're interested at the WCAS Volunteer Form!)
- Bird Friendly Coffee
- Board and Committee Leadership
- Conservation Project Labs
- Field Trips
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Hotspot Birding
- Program Hospitality Coordinator
- Public Relations and Social Media
- Recording Secretary
- Science Seminar Programs
- Second Saturday Bird Walks
- Social Gathering Coordinator
- Special Events
- Volunteer and Public Relations Coordinator
Get started! Fill Out the WCAS Volunteer Form. Would you like to do more for birds and habitat conservation? Are you a great communicator? Quick learner? Do you like to work in groups or fly solo? Do you have good organization skills to help grow the Audubon mission? Read the volunteer position descriptions below. Training is available. Interested? We’d like to hear from you!
- Assist the Bird-Friendly Coffee Coordinator. Help us grow the WCAS bird-friendly coffee club by speaking in front of a group to describe the benefits of bird-friendly coffee to people, the planet, and the birds. Provide articles for quarterly newsletter and bi-monthly coffee blog. Assist Web Consultant to maintain online coffee store. Receive online orders by email, maintain monthly spreadsheet of orders, receive package deliveries and distribute coffee bags locally to drinkers by driving to at least three (3) Cleveland area locations. Attend monthly Board meetings. Must be passionate and be able to serve with a smile. Training is available.
- Field Trip Coordinator Assistant. Help plan WCAS field trips throughout the year. Help contact and coordinate leaders for the monthly field trips. Schedule field trips on Saturdays or Sundays. Have enough knowledge of area parks, birding sites in Northeast Ohio, and bird migration to coordinate trips when birds are in the area. Distribute educational materials and recruit subscribers. Take a group photo of participants, flora and fauna for the website. Write a short synopsis within a couple of days, including a bird list and number of species. Reports are published to the News blog. Attend monthly Board meetings.
- Recording Secretary. Become a member of the WCAS Board of Directors with decision-making and voting privileges. Attend the monthly WCAS Board meetings. Keep detailed minutes of the monthly Board meetings. Send the meeting minutes to the WCAS Board within 3 days of the Board meeting.
- Volunteer and Public Relations Coordinator. This is a rewarding opportunity to support WCAS activities through volunteer coordination and community outreach. The Volunteer & Public Relations Coordinator attends monthly Board meetings and is responsible for the recruitment, placement, and retention of volunteers and educates and informs members, the public, and customers about the National Audubon mission, WCAS programs and services.
- Program Hospitality Coordinator. Set-up and provide refreshments for the monthly program meetings hosted September through May at the Cleveland Metroparks, Rocky River Nature Center (RRNC).
- Fundraising Coordinator. This position is perfect for a volunteer who loves to set goals and achieve them! The fundraising coordinator attends monthly Board meetings and plans and monitors events and activities. This performance driven individual is focused on marketing and relationship building to raise donations and increase revenue for WCAS operations and conservation projects.
- Social Gathering Coordinator. Do you love to create exciting and fun social gatherings? WCAS would like to schedule fun-packed events four times per year for WCAS members, guests and friends. Birds and beer? Boating excursions? What ideas do you have? Attend monthly Board meetings. Join us!
Your Next Steps: